Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Li'l Gotham Volume 1

Authors: Derek Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen
Illustrator: Dustin Nguyen
Title: Li'l Gotham Volume 1
Publication: February 25, 2014
Publisher: DC
Genre: Graphic Novel, Comic Book
Pages: 128
Audience: 10 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Purchased

Synopsis (from the cover): Life in the big city just got crazier with this year-round all-ages holiday fun, featuring Batman and all of his adorable allies and adversaries! Crimefighting and celebrating go hand-in-hand in Gotham with Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, The Penguin, The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and more!

My thoughts:
 I have been waiting since September or October for the trade of this graphic novel to come out! It was sooooo precious! I'm not sure every character stays in the "li'l" format, but this is the cleanest novel I have ever read. I would share it with a younger audience. It is really perfect for all ages. I love corny jokes and puns, and this comic was filled to the brim with them- I laughed through the entire book. The artwork appeared to be done in watercolor, which was beautiful, but at times lacked in detail or was a bit faint. However, when you are making all your characters little, I guess small details can be forgiven.
If you are looking for a clean read or a place to jump start into comics, this one is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment