Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Interview: A Life of Death by Weston Kincade

Title: A Life of Death
Author: Weston Kincade
Publication: 
Publisher: 
Genre: YA Paranormal Mystery


Synopsis: 
Alex Drummond is a troubled high school senior with a checkered past, a broken home, and a surprising ability. When he touches items that murder victims held in their final moments, Alex relives the events in gruesome detail, seeing what they saw, thinking their thoughts, and even feeling what they felt. But who will believe a troubled teen, especially when the murders are so close to home and might reveal skeletons hidden for hundreds of years?

Join Alex as he struggles to find his destiny, understand love, solve the mysterious murders within his small home town, and speak for victims who can no longer speak for themselves.

Interview: 
1. Tell us something fun about you?

Some things I enjoy in my spare time are roleplaying games like D&D, Shadowrun, and card games like Magic.

2. What about "A Life of Death" makes it stand out?

A Life of Death is more than just a paranormal novel. In addition to writing the book for entertainment, I intended it for adolescents and adults struggling to overcome a multitude of issues, including dealing with the death of loved ones, single-parent families, substance and physical abuse. As much as some people don’t want to admit it, many teenagers have home lives that leave them unsure what to do or even that there is a solution—that they aren’t alone. Using my experiences while teaching and dealing with teens who needed someone to talk to, I hoped to give readers a friend they could come back to within the pages of A Life of Death, one overcoming his own problems and struggling to find himself. So far it’s appealed to readers of all ages and genders.

3. Are there any similarities between you and your characters?

There are always similarities. I don’t think a writer can create a good character without including a few elements of themselves. The characters become real, rattling around in your head and struggling to find an outlet, be it another book, short story, or post. So, in some ways, I guess it goes both ways. A part of me is in them, and they still exist as a part of me.

4.  Are there any new projects in the works?

I’m currently working on book 3 of the A Life of Death series. I also have a few other books in line that I’m excited about. One is a dark post-apocalyptic story with a steampunk feel. Another is a YA fantasy series, and a third is a modern underdog story dealing with disabilities and the twisted tendencies of some people. I started them, but I first need to finish book 3. Then I’ll dedicate more time to the others.

5. What is the question that you wish interviewers would ask, and the answer to that question?

Probably a question that isn’t really asked very often is whether I’d like to be any of my characters. Even as a kid I wished I could fly or do various things, dreaming about them as a kid. In my opinion, even considering the horrifying experiences of reliving people traumatic murders, I think I would like to be Alex Drummond. However, writing his story is about the closest I’ll get to walking in his shoes.

Author Bio:
Creative writing has always been a passion for Weston Kincade. He's helped invest in future writers for years while teaching writing. In his spare time he writes poetry and short stories in addition to his novels. He also edits and operates WAKE Editing (http://www.wakeediting.com). He is currently working on a variety of paranormal and fantasy novels. As the wordsmithing process continues, Weston loves stretching the boundaries of human understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment