Blogger Widgets

Monday, November 19, 2012

Gotham City Sirens Volume 4: Division

Author: Peter Calloway 
Illustrator: Guillem March 
Title:Gotham City Sirens Volume 4: Division
Publication: March 13, 2012
Publisher: DC Comics
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Villains
Pages: 160
Audience: 16 and up
Rating: 3 out of 5
Source: Purchased

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
 Together, Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are three of Gotham City's most powerful quasi-reformed criminals. But when Harley stages a riot in Arkham Asylum to reach her former employer and lover the Joker, it could be the beginning of the end for Gotham City Sirens.

As the situation inside Arkham quickly spins out of control, and Harley becomes more and more mired in her obsession with the Clown Prince of Crime, Poison Ivy and Catwoman struggle over how to handle their estranged teammate. The Gotham City Sirens are ready to make their final stand, but will they be fighting each other?

My thoughts:
I am horrible with endings/goodbyes.  I had put Division off long enough so I picked it up and finally read it. Out of all of the Gotham City Sirens I was most disappointed with this comic.Even though the characters never fully trusted one another, they turned into the biggest back-stabbing, cattiest ladies around. It was a free for all, and some of the things said and did even made me hurt a little bit. I guess it was to show that the ties that bind were completely severed. The end. I also felt that there were overlapping story arches, and it was a bit confusing. In the part between Catwoman and her sister about eight new characters appeared and I felt like I had fell into a middle of a completely different story. It was very odd. The art was great for the most part, but at times it seemed a bit rough. I understand Harley Quinn is crazy, but the art didn't need to be as crazy as she is. If you want closure and want to know what happens from the first three books, then read it. Otherwise, I wouldn't really recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. It sucks that you were disappointed in the ending of this series...I know you were really excited about it.

    ReplyDelete