Blogger Widgets

Friday, October 19, 2012

Customers Suck Volume 1

Author: the people of the customerssuck.com forum
Translator: Rapscallion
Illustrator: Jennie Breeden
Title: Customers Suck Volume 1
Publication: December 20, 2011
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Genre: Comic book, Graphic Novel
Pages: 144
Audience: 15  and up
Rating: 2 out of 5
Source: Purchased

Synopsis:
Customers Suck Volume 1 is a compilation of stories from the website forum, http://www.customerssuck.com. The stories have been adapted and then drawn into short comics. There are 144 pages of funny stories that happen at various retail stores and other places like the library. The comics are perfect for anyone who has ever worked in a customer services or retail oriented job.

My thoughts:
I bought this book at AWA (Anime Weekend in Atlanta) from the artist. It was on her table and thought it would be better to buy it than the first volume of her multi-volume, The Devil's Panties graphic novel. I have worked in retail/ customer service for a long time. I worked at a grocery store, Walmart, and currently I work at a library. So I get my fair share of the dull crayons. I thought I would be able to relate to most of the comics, and I was correct on that assumption. However, the comic strips were not as funny as I thought. I think I could write a funnier book on the things that have happened to me over the years. Most of the comics were just entertaining in the fact that there are people who exist and are that stupid.The art isn't bad either. It is in black and white. If you pay attention it is the little details on the name tags and desks that make you giggle. It wasn't a horrible book, and it didn't make me laugh out loud much. I did enjoy reading it though and plan on sharing some of the comics with others. If I had a chance to go back and buy another book off her table, I think I would have picked out something different.



No comments:

Post a Comment