Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wicked Business (Audiobook)


Author: Janet Evanovich
Title: Wicked Business: A Lizzy and Diesel Novel
Publication:June 19, 2012
Publisher: Bantam
Genre: Adult, Adventure, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy
Pages: 320
Length: 6 hours
Audience: 16 and up
Rating: 4 out of 5
Source: Public Library

Synopsis:
Lizzy and Diesel are  back! This time a Harvard English professor, Gilbert Reedy is found dead. His mysterious death reveals that Reedy was searching for one of the SILGIA stones, the Luxuria Stone, the stone for lust. The quest is not without difficulty as Diesel's sketchy cousin, Gerwulf Grimoire, and his evil minion Hatchet also has their eyes set on the Luxuria stone. That is not all! Now there is a new person going after the Luxuria stone, someone who goes by the name, Anarchy. The race for the Luxuria stone, but who will get to it first?


My thoughts:

Like, I mentioned before. Ms. Evanovich sticks to her traditional plot line. Cute, smart, sassy main lady, likes sexy forbidden guy, is nice to the "bad" guy who isn't always bad, stands up to  the crazy minion guy, is best friends with a ditzy lady, and  there is a a monkey in the mix. I listened to this book as well. I want to correct something I had said in my review of the first audiobook. Loreli King does not give the character's a southern accent. I'm not sure why I thought she did. However, she has a wonderful voice and does the voices for everyone perfectly. I wish I could hire her to read bedtime stories to me. I'm kidding, but her voice is nice. I was a bit disappointed in this book. I thought Wicked Business would focus on the greed stone, but it was the lust stone. I also thought the book would follow the format of Wicked Appetite. I felt Lizzy and Diesel did more interviews in the first one and in this one they visited more landmarks. I'm not sure why that disappointed me, but it kind of did. The story was by no means boring, there were ton of hilarious shenanigans that ALL the characters got into. I recommend this if you would like to try to new, adult, romantic-comedy series. I also recommend this book if you are going on a trip or commute it is a cute book to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment