Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gotham City Sirens Volume 2: Songs of the Sirens

Author: Paul Dini
Illustrator: Tony Bedard
Title:Gotham City Sirens Volume 2: Song of the Sirens
Publication: November 29, 2011
Publisher: DC Comics
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Villains
Pages: 168
Audience: 16 and up
Rating: 5 out of 5
Source: Purchased

Synopsis (from the cover): 
Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn--they're beautiful, they're deadly, and for the first time in their lives, all three are trying to fly the straight and narrow. Can they trade their lives as supervillains for a life as (relatively) normal roommates?

Easier said than done. Especially when maniacs are killing innocents and making it look like the Sirens are the culprits, when Ivy's new civilian identity proves murderously difficult to maintain, and when Catwoman's sister comes to town to rider her of the demon she believes possesses her...and rid her of her life in the process


My thoughts:
The sexy lady villains of Gotham are back! I know there are only 4 books of the Gotham City Sirens, but I'm hoping to goodness that someone will want to continue their storyline. I know this will probably never happen, but I can have my hopes and dreams. There isn't much to say except I love these graphic novels. I've been reading them as soon as I have time to read anything. The ladies are trying so hard to be good, but the shenanigans they get into are over the top. I find the problems that keep finding them to be funny. It is so hard to be good, when all you have ever been is bad. The girls do their best though. This graphic novel was a  bit weird just because Catwoman's sister appears and become a warrior nun, which was over the top. The storyline for that was not fully resolved, and I hope it is in the next one or even in the final graphic novel. Poison Ivy is trying to be a regular person and finds a day job. And, Harley Quinn is the same old Harley Quinn. I urge you to step of your book boundaries and TRY a graphic novel. The Gotham City Sirens takes about an hour to an hour and a half to read, and it is funny, has a good storyline, and the ladies are kicking butt throughout the entire graphic novel. I promise, you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this series! I cannot wait to get my hands on the fourth one. I'm such a huge Harley Quinn fangirl. Though this series has really gotten me interested in Catwoman and Poison Ivy, and I never really cared about either of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to get into these... thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Harley Quinn fan girl too! I've been searching for graphic novels containing her stories. I've found two, plus these. I was never a Catwoman fan, but Poison Ivy piqued my interest too. Last week, I broke down and purchased the New 52 graphic novel on Catwoman. I'm hoping they New 52 Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, but I'm kind of doubting it. I have seen the New 52 Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad and she looks like a crazy juggalette. I want the harlequin Harley Quinn back. I'm glad to see people reading graphic novels. YAY! :D

    ReplyDelete